Heyyhoo.. So this is our first post, and we decided to talk about our fave food… CHOCOLATE!! we hope u guys like it 😀 and fyi this post’s title is the word ‘chocolate’ in some languages around the world🌍(japanese, korean, indonesian/ malaysian, english, african)
Chocolate is a typically sweet, usually brown, food preparation of Theobroma cacao seeds, roasted and ground, often flavored, as with vanilla. It is made in the form of a liquid, paste, or in a block, or used as a flavoring ingredient in other foods. chocolate comes in variant ways such as white chocolate, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, cakes, cookies, puddings, hot cocoa, candies, etc. The best thing about chocolate is;
- it’s absolutely delicious(obviously😏)
- it’s healthy
- it makes u happy, bcs it contains tryptophan which is the chemical that releases serotonin(some kind of happy hormone) into the brain
- and if u eat chocolate while u study, it improves your memory too! so now u can improve your grades by studying and eating one of your fave food🤓(like how cool is that😆)
Plus i believe that most of us here(or all of us) loves chocolate, right? like admit it; at least once in your life u wished that roald dahl’s “charlie and the chocolate factory” were real, and imagined what it’s like to be in a place where everything is made out of chocolate😍(
well we did) & alsoooo some of us are probably craving some chocolate cake/ desert now… am i right?😂
so… here it is we present to you….*drum roll*..
MOLTEN CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE !*
¼ cup flour
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey’s)
½ teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
3 tablepoons (1½oz) melted butter
3 tablespoons whole milk, at room temperature
1 smallish egg, at room temperature
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 oz (28 grams) semisweet chocolate, lightly broken up
1 tablespoon water
- In a 2-cup capacity microwave-safe mug* (see note), whisk together with a fork, the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt until well combined.
- Add in the melted butter, milk, egg and vanilla. Whisk well to combine, making sure to mix in the flour mixture in the bottom.
- Place the chocolate pieces in the center of the mug. Do not push down; it will sink as it bakes.
- Drizzle the tablespoon of water right on top of the batter.
- Cook in microwave on full power for 1 minute and 20 seconds to 2 minutes (1 minute and 25 seconds is my magic number), or until the cake rises to the top, the edges look set but the center looks ever-so-slighly wet and shiny but not raw, and sticks slightly to the finger when touched. Do NOT overbake to ensure that saucy, molten-y interior. If the center still looks raw then give it another 5 to 10 seconds. The cake will fall after it comes out of the microwave.
- Let it cool for about 5 minutes so you don’t burn your tongue, but the waiting also help thicken the sauce in the bottom.
* A short mug with a wide mouth works best for this recipe. If not available, a small bowl could be used instead. To know if your mug/or bowl is the right size, pour 2 cups of water in it and this should fill it to the top.
* If trying to avoid the microwave, this cake could be baked in a 400F/200C oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
don’t forget to follow us, to get our latest updates
and also comment down below, and tell us what u think about us.😙
p.s. : i’m sorry if there r wrong grammars or anything :p
references :Cleobuttera recipes 👏🏼